On behalf of the business community, the Chamber advocates for policies that drive inclusive economic growth and development in our State and region.
- Support policies that support our small businesses and help them grow. Oppose policies that make starting and running a small business in Illinois more difficult.
- Support legislation to grow the film and entertainment industry and its workforce in Illinois.
- Support policies that promote economic development in the south suburbs and south and west sides, and relieve some of the pressure driving up residential property taxes in these areas.
- Support legislation to modernize the State’s business tax incentives, such as the EDGE Tax Credit and the Research and Development Tax Credit for the 21st century, and ensure any changes provide for enhanced benefits for minority-owned businesses
- Support policies and legislation that help the State’s rapidly growing data center community.
- Support and encourage policies that attract and act on substantial capital investment project opportunities, such as the creativity that was used with regards to the ONE Central Project.
- Encourage the creation in statute of the Office of Minority Economic Empowerment to serve as a partner to minority-owned firms and establish a supplier diversity program within the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity.
- Support the extension of the Brownfields Redevelopment Intermodal and Promotional Act to attract investment to the south suburbs while providing a case study for developing other blighted areas in the State.
- Support the State’s broadband deployment program and work with member companies to ensure the State is allocating these resources in the most efficient and impactful way possible.