Workforce and Talent
The Chicagoland Chamber’s Workforce and Talent Council brings together representatives from various sectors of the workforce, including businesses, educational institutions, and community organizations. These groups will collaborate on strategies to develop and maintain a skilled and diverse workforce. The Workforce and Talent Council serves as a convener and catalyst for collaboration among stakeholders to build a strong and adaptable workforce that can support economic growth and prosperity for Chicagoland’s industries, businesses, and employees.
The Council’s main objective is to identify and address the workforce challenges facing the Chicagoland region, including skill shortages, talent retention, and the need for upskilling and reskilling workers. Workforce trends will be used to also address employee benefits, wellness, DEI initiatives, workplace culture and return to work. The Council will create initiatives and programs that support the development of a talented, adaptable, and competitive Chicagoland workforce that can meet the changing demands of the labor market and future workforce.
Some of the key functions of the Chamber’s Workforce and Talent Council include:
- Developing programs on current and future workforce trends, data, and needs, including employee benefits and wellness, workplace culture, DEI, job training, and talent needs.
- Convening a Council that is invested in topics, trends, and policies related to workforce and talent development, retainment, and growth, including workforce-related legislation and workforce development, and labor regulation issues.
- Building partnerships with employers, educators, and community organizations to align training and education programs with industry needs from talent needs to DEI initiatives, to workplace culture and a multi-generational workforce.
- Bringing organizations into the group to create programming and share opportunities on upskilling and reskilling workers, including apprenticeships, internships, and on-the-job training.
- Developing programs that promote workforce diversity, equity, and inclusion.