The Chicagoland Chamber has invested in Hopin, an innovative digital platform that invites attendees to join group discussions, initiate 1:1 conversation, chat through instant messaging, and quickly access LinkedIn for long-term connections.
We know that technology can sometimes be frustrating so we’re sharing some useful tips and tricks to make the most of your experience.
Registering for the event
After you register for a Chamber event, you’ll receive a confirmation of your registration and a second email inviting you to login and confirm your participation on the Hopin platform. This email will guide you through creating a stellar profile, including adding a photo and your LinkedIn, so you can make connections that serve you after our event ends.
Attending the event
Once you login to an event, you’ll land on the Reception area and see details about the Chamber’s event and a schedule of events. The Hopin platform is entirely user-guided, meaning you can navigate where you want, when you want. Explore the event and platform using the main navigation, located on the left side of the browser.
Each area on the left navigation corresponds to a different part of the event — from the Main Stage to the Networking Lounges to the Exhibitor Showcase. We typically also build in a schedule to help you navigate the event areas based on what’s happening.
This is how we think of the areas of the event:
- Reception: this is your entry to the event, which includes an overview or description, as well as the schedule or agenda.
- Main Stage: in this area, you’ll hear from keynote speakers broadcasting to all viewers.
- Networking Lounge/Breakout Sessions: depending on the event, we may call this area a Networking Lounge or Breakout Session, but it’s where you can go to have group discussions or listen to a panel or speaker and be able to join video to talk directly.
- Networking: head to this area to participate in 1:1, randomized networking for a minimum of 30 seconds and up to a maximum of 5 minutes.
- Concierge/Exhibitor Showcase: if we’re holding a private, more intimate event, you can find the Chamber’s events team at the Concierge, and if we’re holding a larger event, you’ll find a tradeshow floor with booths as part of the Exhibitor Showcase.
Making Connections & Conversation
There’s a myriad of ways to make connections and have conversations during our events on the Hopin platform. In a Breakout Session or Networking Lounge, you can easily see who is participating and utilize the Chat feature to talk to everyone in your room. You can also chat on a one-to-one basis, as well as video call once you navigate to another person’s profile.
Be sure to connect your social media channels, especially LinkedIn, in order to make long-term connections.
We know technology can sometimes be frustrating, but we are here to help. If you encounter any issues logging on to the platform, please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once you’re in the platform, you’ll find our team standing by if you need assistance navigating the event.