For the third straight year, the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce is partnering with Mesirow Financial to bring you the 2014 James Tyree Emerging Business Leadership Award. The award, which includes $25,000 incash and valuable small business training and consulting, is given annually to a Chicagoland high growth small business that best represents the spirit and values of late Chicagoland Chamber Chairman and business leader James Tyree.
The Chicagoland Chamber and Mesirow Financial are looking for businesses that are advocates for Chicago and display integrity, philanthropy, humor, humility, and generosity, all values that made Jim Tyree such an esteemed part of Chicago’s business community. Protein Bar Founder and CEO Matt Matros was the inaugural winner in 2012 before AuctionsByCellular CEO Jim Alvarez took home the award last year.
To be eligible, the applicant/company must:
• Be from the 6 county Chicago metropolitan region (Cook, Will, DuPage, McHenry, Lake and Kane)
• Have been in business for a minimum of 3 years
• Have revenues of at least $500K but less than $10MM
• Have demonstrated substantial growth over the previous 3 years
• Have at least 10 employees
• Be active in local or regional civic/philanthropic initiatives