Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
Corporate & Securities
Mergers and acquisitions and public and private securities, with an emphasis on private equity sponsored transactions and fund formation.
Mr. Fieweger represents private-equity and venture capital funds, institutions, and hedge funds in their formation and global acquisition and investment activities. In addition, Mr. Fieweger has significant experience addressing fund formation and securities law issues, working with sponsors of private equity, venture capital, hedge and real estate investment funds. Mr. Fieweger has a background in corporate finance, having previously served as a commercial lending officer with a division of JP Morgan Chase in Chicago. Mr. Fieweger serves on the Firm’s North American Private Equity Steering Committee.
Representative Clients, Cases or Matters
Mr. Fieweger’s selected recent transactional experience includes:
• Represented Macquarie Capital in $75 million acquisition of Microstar Logistics, Inc.
• Represented Bayard Group Ltd. in investment in Wireless Applications and Consulting Services, LLC
• Represented One Equity Partners in €565 million disposition of chemical terminals operator LBC Holdings, LLC
• Represented Bayard Group Ltd. in $704 million leveraged buyout of Cellnet Technologies, Inc.
• Represented Stockwell Capital, LLC in private investment in EXCO Resources Inc.
• Represented Stockwell Capital, LLC in consortium acquisition of Dutch cable operators Casema, Multikabel and Kabelcom.
• Represented Stockwell Capital, LLC in consortium acquisition of in Danish telecom operator TDC A/S.
• Represented Edgemere Capital, LLC in $155 million leveraged acquisition of portfolio of private equity limited partnership interests.
• Lead U.S. counsel representing Ironbridge Capital Holdings Pty. Ltd. in going private acquisition of Barbeques Galore Ltd.
• Lead U.S. counsel representing JP Morgan Partners in acquisition of Air International Thermal business from Futuris Ltd.
• Represented B. Elliott Limited and The Royal Bank of Scotland in liquidation of B. Elliott Limited and its subsidiaries.
• Represented Invenergy LLC in connection with formation of Invenergy Wind Europe, LLC, a joint venture with Renewable Energy Generation Limited, formed to acquire wind power generation assets in Tymien, Poland.
• Represented Vorwerk AG in connection with $289 million acquisition of Jafra Cosmetics from Clayton Dublier & Rice.
• Advised Apax Partners on U.S. aspects of acquisition of global packaging concern, IFCO Systems N.V.
• Lead outside counsel for Compaq Computer Corporation’s strategic sales and ventures group in connection with their global venture investment activities.
Mr. Fieweger’s selected recent fund formation experience includes:
• Represented sponsors in formation of Eco Products Fund, L.P., a $100 million environmental credits fund.
• Represented Standard Chartered Bank and IL&FS in establishment of Standard Chartered IL&FS Asian Infrastructure Fund, L.P.
• Represented Gateway Capital in establishment of $800 million China focused fund.
• Represented sponsor in formation of Penzance Washington Property Fund I, LLC.
• Represented Nationwide Insurance in formation of $50 million captive venture fund.
• Represented Allianz Investment Partners in fund of fund investment activities in U.S. venture capital and private equity funds.
Publications, Presentations and Articles
Mr. Fieweger has lectured at home and abroad on corporate and securities law issues effecting private equity and venture capital backed companies as well as syndication issues related to the private offering of direct participation programs.
Emerging Markets - Throwing Darts or Capitalizing on Credible Opportunities? – Alternative Investment Roundup, January 2008, Scottsdale, AZ
Inside Track – Perspectives on Asia’s To Performers. – Asian Private Equity and Venture Forum, June 2007, Chicago, IL
Asian investment in the U.S. – Asian Private Equity and Venture Forum, May 2006, Chicago, IL
A Private Equity Primer, China M&A Law Report, Volume 2007, Law Press China.
Building a Results Oriented Corporate Venturing Program, 2002 Corporate Venturing Directory and Yearbook.
Jumpstart with Debt, I-Street Magazine, March 2001.
• American Bar Association
• The Chicago Bar Association
• Illinois Venture Capital Association
Education & Bar Admittance
Mr. Fieweger received his Bachelor of Arts in Economics, cum laude, from the University of Notre Dame. He received his Juris Doctorate degree from Northwestern University School of Law in 1994 where received the Charles Cheney Hyde Award in International Law. He is admitted to practice law in Illinois.
Last Updated on 2011-01-24 10:28:48.718