The Chamber’s Workplace Well-Being Committee invites you to enjoy a stimulating presentation, panel discussion and audience Q&A on building a magnetic culture with a thriving work environment that has measureable business results. MAGNETIC CULTURES IN THRIVING WORK ENVIRONMENTS is Friday, April 25, 2014, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM, at Mid-America Club. The keynote speaker and panel moderator is Kevin Sheridan, employee engagement and virtual management expert, and NY Times Best Selling Author of Building a Magnetic Culture. View a preview in the video below.
The panelists are top performers in their companies known to have high level thriving work environments. Panelists will share insights from their workplace environment and experience that encourage connection and collaboration, minimize distractions, maximize focus, and spark personal energy. Panelists are from Allstate, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Deloitte, Greeley-Hansen, Panduit, and Sodexo.
During continental breakfast, visit exhibit tables and meet the professionals from Chamber member behavioral health and employee assistance services that support highly productive people and thriving work environments. Exhibitors include Advocate Health Care & Addiction Treatment Program, CHC Wellness, Cigna Behavioral Health, Employee Resource Systems, Gateway Foundation, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, Mercy Medical Center, Perspectives Ltd, Presence Behavioral Health – Addiction Services, SafeScreener, Sodexo, and Strategic Safety Solutions. These exhibitors share the message of three E’s: empower, educate, eliminate. Empower employees with the resources, privacy and support; Educate staff about wellness tools and benefits; Eliminate wasteful service duplications by streamlining delivery of health care programs.
This event is produced by the Chamber’s Workplace Well-Being Committee, in cooperation with the Illinois Dept. of Human Services Substance Abuse Prevention Programs, to encourage companies to tactfully confront substance abuse issues by taking positive actions regarding workplace environments, behaviors and safety. Please register at the Chamber Event Calendar. This event is free. HRCI and IAODAPCA CEU applied for.
8:00 – 8:30AM Guests visit exhibitor tables
8:30 – 8:40AM Welcome by Vivian Smith Del-Toro, Sodexo
8:40 – 9:20AM Kevin Sheridan speaks on Building a Magnetic Culture
9:20 – 10:00AM Panelist Discussion and Audience Q&A
The Committee, in cooperation with the Illinois Dept. of Human Services Substance Abuse Prevention Programs, encourages companies to tactfully confront substance abuse issues by taking positive actions regarding workplace environments, behaviors and safety. The objective is for the Committee and staff to offer solutions that employers implement to improve workplace well-being because they understand there are health and talent returns on their investments.
• Free work site and off-site workshops for your employees and/or managers offering employee education and awareness about substance misuse, abuse, and addiction are available year-round. Contact Peggy Luce for scheduling.
• Feedback about the three E’s: empower, educate, eliminate is collected with the 2013 on-line survey, Workplace Well-Being Survey.
• The Workplace Well-Being Solutions web page updates offer emerging practices, links to the Chamber@Work archived news articles, and useful resources.
• Attention is given to April as Alcohol Awareness Month; May’s National Prevention Week (prevention of substance abuse and promotion of mental health); September as Recovery Month to spread the positive message that behavioral health is essential to overall health, that prevention works, treatment is effective and people can and do recover; and October’s Drug-Free Work Week.
• Terry Cahill, VP Sales & Marketing, Perspectives Ltd
• Sandi Ciancio, Managing Director, CHC Wellness
• Gary Cohen, Co-President, Employee Resource Systems
• Opella Ernest, M.D., VP Chief Medical Officer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
• William Heffernan, Co-President, Employee Resource Systems
• Brad Jones, President, SafeScreener
• Pat Loridas, Managing Director, CHC Wellness
•Maureen McLeod, Community Liaison, Presence Behavioral Health- Addiction Services
• Alberto Ortega, Director of Community Relations - Diversity and Inclusion, Sodexo
• Roger Paveza, Senior Vice President, Strategic Safety Solutions
• Amy (Levell) Ponce, Outreach Manager, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
• Frank Severino, Sales Manager, Gateway Foundation
Please visit the Workplace Well-Being Solutions page.
Last Updated on 2014-02-14 10:07:30.151